Electric chainsaws are your strong and reliable partner for all woodworking. Thanks to electric motors with ample power, you can easily saw both thin branches and thicker twigs. Choose between inline or crossline motors in our shop. They are ideal for use in the home or residential areas.
- I No exhaust fumes: This is why the electric chain saw can be used inside.
- I Slim design
- I Safety: hand protection bar and chain brake
- I Overload protection in case of overheating
- I Easy maintenance
Electric motor saws are very powerful tools to use in the garden. Because they have powerful motors and sharp chains, it is important to be very careful with these devices.
- I The right protective clothing Before you get started, you must get dressed! Protection of the head, eyes, ears, hands, legs and feet is advised. For the head area there is a protective helmet with visor and hearing protection, which protects against noise and flying branches and chips. In addition, it is essential to wear a cut-resistant pair of trousers with reinforced leg inserts and cut protection boots when working with the chain saw.
- I Correct starting of electric chainsaw Electric saws can be started very easily. Release the chain brake, keep the lock button pressed, and press the ON / OFF switch at the same time.
- I Correct handling. Always hold the chain saw with both hands! The chain saw should be supported as far as possible (on the trunk or the stop claw). The support increases the safety and facilitates the holding work.
- I Correct posture during sawing The basic position when cutting with the chainsaw is always to be selected in such a way that the body can not be brought out of balance by impact and pull. For a firm and secure stance, the legs stand laterally offset and lengthwise. The left foot, however, must not be placed in front of the working line. Do not use chainsaws on ladders or in trees.
- I Care: regular re-tensioning and lubrication of the electric chain saw To prevent wear on the bar and a possible jump off of the chains, tension the chains regularly. Either by means of the chain tensioning screw or completely comfortably and without tools. It is also important that the saw is always filled with sufficient chain oil. The side-mounted oil viewing window makes this easy to check.
- I Cleaning the chainsaw is essential Regular cleaning of the chainsaw of dried, stubborn dirt such as resin is essential. Remove the chain and clean the saw after each operation. Particularly important is an always optimally sharpened chain. You should only do this yourself if you have had previous professional guidance. AL-KO service dealers are able to assist with the sharpening of saw chains.
If you have further questions about purchasing an AL-KO product, you can call our customer service team on 01963 828055 from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:30. Please contact us via e-mail outside of these times and we will contact you the next working day:
Request a CatalogueClick here to download or order a Product Catalogue
Your Local Dealer
Please complete the following form. This will help us process your request swiftly and effectively. Alternatively, if you would prefer to call us during our business hours 08:00 – 17:30, please call our customer service team on 01963 828055.
Why is the saw chain not being oiled?
The guide bar and oil outlet may be dirty. The saw should be cleaned. The oil pump may be defective or the oil hoses have come off, in which case the device should be taken to an AL-KO service dealer.
Which replacement chain is the right one for my chainsaw?
This depends on the model of saw you have as there are different chains. Please refer to your operating instructions.
How do I store an electric chain saw?
Clean the chainsaw and store it in a dry place.